Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To what extent does Yahoo!, take Yahoo! Chat for instance, immitate real life?

I am referring to specifically Yahoo! Chat. It amuses me no end when people (stopped myself from typing mature people, even though some are in the 30's and 40's!) become a wee bit territorial in rooms, treating the regulars in the room as theirs too?? Love (or lust?) blossoms between people who in real life are married and these same people see it fit to intimidate others who show the slightest bit of interest in their .. er.. partner? I find all this highly amusing of course. These people can surely rival the lives of the oh-so-entertaining women in Wisteria Lane!! For the uninitiated, I am undoubtedly referring to the ever titillating lives of the women in 'Desperate Housewives'.


So.. what have you done in Chat lately??

To what extent does Yahoo!, take Yahoo! Chat for instance, immitate real life?
I had this happen just tonight. Two girls I was chatting with got into a fight over me (which NEVER happens in real life), and I had only met them that night.





The only explanation that I can offer is that the chat is it's own world with it's own rules. While you can't control another person's actions in reality, you have NO control whatsoever over the other people in the chat.





It is simply too easy to become infatuated with somebody when all you see are their carefully thought out comments. But with this infatuation comes the insecurity of knowing that you could lose that person in an instant. It's a very difficult situation that escalates feelings of helplessness and insecurity.





The result is the situation you've described.


No comments:

Post a Comment